29 April 2019

Yarn. Pretty.

Mineville Wool Project, Merino Nylon. Colour 3106
All Dyed Up Fibres, Hand Dyed Fingering w/ Stellina
Saturday was the annual DKC Knitter's Frolic. I missed the last one because of work so I was determined to get there this year. As I've mentioned before, Spring makes me feel like knitting and what better way to get inspired than to spend an afternoon wondering several rooms full of yarn. The event is a great opportunity to catch up with other knitters one runs into. How to describe the delight of having a good old chat with someone you've not seen in years while standing between overflowing vendor booths.

My budget wasn't large so I bought just some sock yarn and one shawl kit from Wellington Fibres. However, since Saturday, I've wound a bunch of skeins, finished a stalled shawl project, and am now almost done a sweater that's been languishing for years. Yes, You could say that I've caught inspiration. Thank goodness.

No comments: