15 April 2019

Subway Knitting

Here we have a basic vanilla sock using the ever reliable Regia.

I believe I already mentioned that I got a new part time job last fall. It involves a commute of just under an hour on the subway. My shifts are at odd times, so I'm never travelling at rush hour and I always get a seat. I've actually been enjoying this time immensely. I pop in a podcast and knit away.  After a solid 45 minutes of knitting and listening to favourites like  The Guilty Feminist, The Poetry Magazine Podcast or Stuff You Missed in History Class, I arrive at work quite calm and refreshed. These days, one takes "Me Time" where one can.

Spring is finally here. I know most knitters get the cast-on bug in winter but the light and air of spring inspires me. Knitting outside, blocking on the balcony, taking natural light photos - the prospect of all these things make me hopeful. Regarding photos, I do intend to try to get back to blogging more regularly. It's been a hard winter here and my creativity, other than some personal writing (a sample of which is in my last post), has been at a low. I miss the chatter of the blog and taking pretty pictures of pretty things. Even if no one reads it, I remember enjoying it and am going to keep at it for my own sake if for no one else's. If you are reading this, Hello!

No comments: