27 April 2006
The yarn arrived last week for the Diamond Fantasy Shawl so, of course I had to cast on. After three failed attempts to get going using the circs, I decided to start off with a short pair of straights - much easier to handle at this stage. I'll switch over as the project gets larger.
A week later and I've just begun the third repeat. It's been slow going as I've found the chart a bit difficult to read. I was making frequent mistakes and sometimes felt I was taking out more stitches than I was knitting. I then got the brilliant idea to make an enlarged photocopy and colour code the symbols. It's going much better now.
This will be my pick up/put down project for the next while. I intend to use my new neckline skills and finish the red empire top this weekend.