11 December 2017

London: The Yarn


On vacation, as with everything else, sometimes you have to be flexible. There were midweek plans consisting of taking the tube to Camden Passage for shopping at Loop of London in the morning. Then a second tube trip was meant to do some sight seeing further north. Unfortunately the morning involved lots of tea and me ill in bed with killer cramps well past noon. After rallying, plans were amended. We headed to Camden where yes, I did see the lovely Loop, as well as various vintage shops and stalls. I bought a costume jewellry brooch from the 50's and a pretty skirt from the 70's. We even managed to fit in an actual pub meal - ale, steak and mushroom pie, and mashed potatoes that were more butter than potato. Mmmm.

It was a shortened day but a nice one. We spent the evening watching tv in our suite. I'm glad that we didn't force ourselves into a strict schedule. Sometimes it's about the company as much as the content. 

The window next to the cash at Loop. The garland and the greenery with the white window framework was one of the prettiest sights of the day.

I wish I had gotten a better photo of these scarves. They are teeny tiny crocheted granny squares done in silk that's only slightly heavier than thread. So beautiful. Elegant crochet? Who knew?

One can't go to the UK without buying Shetland wool. At least I think so. I want to make some sort of shawlette with this Jamieson's DK. The skirt I was wearing that day has this palette and I was just feeling the combination. I'm thinking triangular with striped garter in 2 or 3 of the colours and a complicated border that incorporates them all.

No comments: