26 October 2017

Bright and Delicious Sixties

One of my vintage magazines  (1967-8 McCall's) has completely fallen apart and is headed, sadly, to the recycling bin. Naturally, I've clipped my favourite patterns. However, I wanted to share the best adverts with you too. In knitting mags, just as in regular fashion periodicals, often the ads are the best part.

These gals have spunk for days mixed with awesome accessories, hair and makeup. Love the bright colours and the sassy sixties attitude.

Best legwear ever.

Serious posing.

Check out the stitch pattern of the pink cardigan. It's the same bubble pattern used in PomPom's Bombus from this past spring. I noticed it because, as you know, Bombus is my current project. Indeed, everything old is new again!

1 comment:

steph said...

OMG....I remember sayelle yarn. it was like knitting with plastic!!!!