12 June 2017

Distractions


Do you ever feel, as I sometimes do, a little guilty about all those WIP's waiting for attention? I am trying, really I am, to finish the lace stole I started over two years ago. Well, maybe it was actually three years. 

How can one sit down and apply oneself when there are distractions like the Pompom Anniversary issue hitting the shelves? I ordered a copy as a birthday gift to myself and the store called the other day to say it was in. There are so many beautiful things I want to cast on. Right. Now.

However, I am only on Row 258 of the approximately 600 required to finish this lace project. Quiet opportunities to knit complex lace are few and when they do come along, I find I only manage 8 to 10 rows in a sitting. 

I am making a pact with myself. No new projects until I hit Row 310 and also finish the current pair of socks. This seems a reasonable goal. Then, who knows what delights await?


Another stole seems silly but this one by Thea Coleman is so beautiful.

A sideways sweater would be a new challenge.

No comments: