22 May 2017

New Socks in the City


Trying to take a project shot of just my feet, I failed miserably and got this instead. I suppose the camera was too far away and on the wrong setting. This slightly blurred shot of a windblown me is the result. Interesting. It's fascinating what you look like when you think you're not being photographed. I'm actually quite fond of this "mistake" picture.


This is my version of Cookie A.'s Kelp. The pattern as written has a stitch count that varies from 60 to 90 stitches. I eliminated the final increase row of the repeat (and consequently one of the decrease rows). So my wave pattern is shorter, has less width and stretch, and is, dare I say, tidier looking than the original?. I am very happy with this knit. It's one of those patterns that looks complicated but actually knits up super fast. 

It's nice to have another pair of solid colour socks in the wardrobe. As much as I love beautiful variegated yarn, I find the solids to be much more versatile and easier to wear with my clothes which tend to have a lot of pattern already.

No comments: