01 May 2017

Made Because I Am A Maker

Enough sadness. April brought much loss and I used my blog to help deal with it. One could argue that a blog - originally a knit blog - is no place for such things but, heck, it`s my blog. I can do as I like with it.

Take your broken heart and turn it into art.


And then I knit a pretty thing. This was done a few weeks ago. It`s my second go at the Wild Plum Shawlette, in a heavier and more brightly coloured yarn than the first. You can see the error I made in the above photo. The needles used for the bottom border (the cast-on edge) were too small. Thus, the border pulls a bit. I love the colour here but am disappointed with my construction. Yet, as spring is here, it is too warm to wear a mohair shawl anyway. I have a suspicion that next fall, when I pull this out again, I will like it much better.



No comments: