07 May 2017

Frolic and Fade

Last weekend was the annual Knitter's Frolic here in Toronto. It was, as always a glorious social occasion. How wonderful to spend time catching up with everyone. Since I am no longer an organizer of the TTC Knitalong, I don't see some of these folks near often enough.

West Ridge Fingering.
80% Organic Merino, 20% nylon
The unofficial theme of this year's market place was colour transition. There were so many booths featuring gradual ombre yarns in wool, cotton and silk. There were also a number of vendors who had assembled kits to make this season's hottest shawl, Find Your Fade.

I unintentionally created my own fade when shopping at West Ridge Yarn. While holding my three favourite skeins of fingering weight, trying to decide which to buy, I realized they look amazing together. The vendor agreed with me so I bought all three. I just love the blush, almost chalky, colours the dyer achieves. This coral and green combo is destined to be some sort of colour blocked wrap. "Like a Color Affection but not a Color Affection", as I said at the time. 

Orange Octopus 80% Superwash merino, 20% nylon
Colour:  Galena
My other Frolic purchase was a single skein of Orange Octopus from Stix & Stones. This wonderful looking little store is in North Bay! For those of you unfamiliar with Ontario, that's waaay North. One of the things I love especially about the Frolic is the chance to discover wonderful new vendors like this who carry things I've never seen before. This yarn with it's umber,  blue and beige tones is perfect for The Daughter and will be her next socks. I'm thinking Tanis' Business Casual is simple enough to highlight the yarn while still being an interesting knit.

Sid agrees that the yarn looks yummy.

No comments: