17 May 2017

Bits and Pieces


The recent Ravelry post about scrap yarn projects and the beautiful socks featured there, confirmed my long held suspicion that I should be gathering my leftovers and making something fantastic. These socks in progress are being knit with the remains of five previous warm-toned pairs. Aren't they gorgeous? They're knitting up super fast too as they are just stocking stitch with two pearl rows down the front. The Daughter saw me working on them, declared them hers and said I should definitely make more like this. Good thing I have a pile of blue/greens waiting to in the wings for myself.


Here we have my favourite acquisition from the Knitters' Frolic charity magazine sale this year. It's the 1987 Knitters special lace edition. It cost the large sum of fifty cents! I picked it up late in the day and can't believe no one grabbed it earlier - especially as it features Elizabeth Zimmerman's first publication of her famous Pi Shawl pattern. I am currently stash diving to make one. It's about time I added this bucket list pattern to my repertoire.  



No comments: