08 May 2016

Driving Along


Driving along the highway last weekend, I faced a dilemma. I had been working on this sock using yarn a well meaning relative gave me for Christmas. It's obviously a cheap yarn, poorly spun and with a high acrylic content. The sock is less than half done and already looks distressed. It also feels like plastic.
So, what's a knitter to do?

Despite the time and knitting already spent, I ripped the needles out and stuffed the half sock into my bag. When we arrived at our destination, I tossed the sock and remaining yarn into the nearest trash bin. Life is just too short to knit with crappy yarn.

On the way home, I cast on some wristers with some beautiful scraps i had in my bag. It was a much more satisfying drive.

And now here is a nice photo of giant yams at market.


No comments: