09 March 2016

Just Wool


Strolling through Kensington Market on Saturday, I found myself at Yarns Untangled. I wanted to see whose yarns they were carrying as their reputation is for small, local and natural.

I found myself drawn to this worsted weight oh so woolly wool from Topsy Farms in Ontario. Neutral gray is not my usual thing but this yarn said yes to me. It has such a great hand and a sturdy, rich loft. It smells divine. (The rest of you smell your yarn, right?). 

I was reminded of some Briggs and Little I have had for years. A quick walk over to the stash, now in storage up the street, was easily done. Now the brown heather, also Canadian but from New Brunswick, is hanging with its new friend. I think they may work well together. On what I don't know. I'll just let them be and see what comes of it.


No comments: