25 May 2015

Spring!


The Falling Waters Shawl is complete - just in time to wear with light weight dresses as the weather here in Southern Ontario is finally admitting the arrival of spring.

The Knitter's Book of Wool says "This pattern works best with smooth, worsted-spun, multiple ply yarns in semi-solid and somewhat variegated colorways whose variegation stays within the same color family." Hello Yarn Indulgences Indulgent Style! The book also recommends a wool/silk blend for drape and shimmer. In a serendipitous turn, I actually purchased the yarn before choosing the pattern. I already had the book however and it was just a matter of the two coming beautifully together.

The original shawl is HUGE, almost a blanket. I wanted something smaller so I just changed all the pattern squares from 8x8 rows and stitches to 6x6. I also added beads for extra shimmer. Hmm...they don't really show up in these photos do they? Well, they are there, in shades of blue, green and purple, cascading with the pattern direction. 


It's just so lovely. I could not be happier with this stole.More photos on my Ravelry page.

1 comment:

knitterbeader said...

I love your Falling Waters shawl! The color is beautiful and the beads do show up on your Ravelry pictures. I've put it in my favorites and have a skein (or maybe two) that would work very well for this!