24 June 2014

Song: Prose & Poetry

My heart is confirmed in its pure Buddhahood.
But a heavy list to starboard
                                      makes me forget
From time to time.
                                      Breath makes a half turn
Downward & divides:
                                      it doesn't add up
2 plus 2 equals 1:      
                                      It's fun, yes, 
But it isn't true, &
I can't love you                 this way.


2.

So what'll I do, when you

                                      are far away
& I'm so blue?
                                      I'll wait.
                                                 & I'll be true someday.


3.

That's all well & good.  But

What happens in the mean time??


Ted Berrigan
In The Early Morning Rain, 1970
                                             



No comments: