12 February 2014

To Rip Or Not To Rip

My Olympic sweater  is coming along nicely. I don't know if I'll medal or not, but the knitting is fun and fast. Currently the body is about 75% complete. I suspect the sleeves will slow me down a bit. Experience tells me that I am not quick at the designer's method of cap shaping.
I'll try to get a photo or two up here.

In the meantime, you may recall the Traveling Woman shawl I cast on on Boxing Day? It was finished quite a while back but I haven't posted it here because I'm not sure about it. Having worn it several times now, I can definitely say that I don't like it. My gauge is sloppy, the edge rolls awkwardly and I especially hate the long spindly tails created by increasing on both the wrong and right sides of the garment. (This is also my least favourite element of Color Affection).I want to rip the whole thing out and use the beautiful Sweet Georgia yarn on a different pattern. I'm leaning toward another Leaf and Flower. However, The Daughter has expressed a liking for the shawl "as is" and has requested i give it to her rather than rip it. What to do? I'm just not happy leaving inferior work out there but if she likes it?
I'll let the question stew while I charge ahead toward my 2014 gold medal.

No comments: