24 November 2013

Even More Red


My local knit night is at my chosen LYS, Eweknit.  One recent Thursday while there, a lovely, lovely thing happened. Connie, a lovely, lovely woman, who I know only from this weekly gathering, approached me saying, 
"You are just the person I'm looking for."
She was holding a paper shopping bag. She explained that she had bought some sale yarn a while back but now realized it wasn't really for her and that she would never use it. 
"You should have it," she said.  "It's your colour." And she handed over the bag.
In it were ten skeins of Marks & Kattens Alpaca. It's a luscious, loosely spun bulky weight that, being vibrant poppy red, can most certainly be described as my colour. I was unbelievably surprised and touched that Connie would think of me this way. Wow. All I could do was say thank you and give her a hug.

Knitters are nice people.

No comments: