03 October 2013

Ribbons 2013

Well, it is October 3 and no word from the organizer of the Ribbon Project. This is not surprising. In fact, I didn't even think about it until October One had actually arrived. Only a few people took part in the annual art project last year and its profile was becoming increasingly low. It's natural that such things end eventually.

However, it feels a little strange to me. The first week of October has become a "stop and take stock" time for me. Summer is definitely over and the fall/winter routine is firmly in place. The danger of being swallowed up by the day-to-day is ever present. It's good to pause and reflect now. With that in mind, I took my camera to work with me yesterday and this is what I saw on my way home.



I have undergone many personal changes in the past few months. I feel that I am in a better place than I was this time last year. That is something worth remembering; worth taking stock of. I remain ever grateful for the beauty around me and the joy that is possible if only I open my eyes and recognize that it being offered. So, Ribbon Project or not, I'll be carrying my camera over the next few days and making myself stop and look around.

No comments: