30 September 2013

Kikki

I cast on this new project over the weekend. The pattern is Leoni from the Louisa Harding collection Venezia. It's written for a soft bulky yarn and 7mm needles but even going down to 5.5mm to get gauge, it's knitting up super quick. I find the sample garment in the photo to be a bit static looking. My version will hopefully have much more movement and drape.

It's quite wonderful to knit with Kikki again. This cotton/viscose/linen blend was one of the first yarns I purchased when I started knitting seriously again about seven years ago. I've two tops made with it that I still wear today. Working with the yarn now is like returning to an old love. All the various colours and textures lightly plied together, are a delight to watch as they blend into stitches. Sadly, the yarn was discontinued years ago but  a recent stash dive reminded me that I have twelve skeins of this colourway plus a full bag of blue and a scarf's worth of a third colour. Nice.

No comments: