29 September 2012

Friends With Yarn

What a beautiful autumn day for a lawn sale. Four of my friends joined forces today for a massive de-stash. And massive it was. This photo doesn't do it justice. There's a whole other lawn full out of frame. Outside of a fair  I don't think I've ever seen such a collection of yarn, crafting books and magazines, quilting supplies, scrap booking bits and on and on. Thanks to the power of internet, the afternoon became quite the social event as well. How lovely to see so many knitting friends.
I budgeted thirty dollars. For that much I picked up two back issues of Vogue (one from the 80's!), a copy of Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks, a leather bag, four skeins of a brown Kashmir Aran and this crazy/lovely Socks That Rock. The colourway is called Flower Power. Not my usual thing, I know but I've never knitted the brand before and I've always been a bit jealous of the folks in the Rockin Sock Club..

Thanks ladies, both for the great stuff and the cheerful visit.

No comments: