- I make my bed every morning. I've done so for two and a half years now. Every night, sliding into the smoothed sheets under the puffed comforter, I'm glad I made the effort.
- I use a saucer with my coffee and tea mugs.
- Sometimes, I eat single ingredient dinners because that's all I feel like. Recently, I steamed a cauliflower and ate half of it with butter and salt. Delicious.
- I compliment strangers on what they're wearing.
- I invite people over or out. Sometimes they come.
- I knit a little every day.
- I say yes to invitations.
20 January 2011
I Didn't Used To But Now I Do
Sometimes, when I feel life spinning slightly out of control, it helps me to remember little things I do that make me feel better than I did before. They are habits I've developed or promises I've made to myself. Mostly they involve giving my daily life a little dignity or tidiness or forward movement or, sometimes, just plain fun.