01 August 2010

High Fashion - Miniaturized



You may recall my love of this late sixties silhouette?  Well...


As I've said before, if it's truly gorgeous, it stays gorgeous.  The passing of forty years makes not a whit of difference.  This pattern is from a 1967 McCall's Needlework & Crafts.  I have several issues and love them because the doll clothes patterns are faithful miniatures of the fashion of the day and that fashion was simply, stunning.  I would wear this jacket.  Well, maybe not in August, but you get the idea.
Sometimes i wonder about my sanity when making thing like this. Especially at times like Friday night when I was struggling to set in the teeny tiny sleeves.  Then, once it's done, it's worth it.  Making pretty little things just gives me a dose of happy.  Who cares that my downstairs neighbour looked at me sideways during this morning's photo shoot on the lawn?

1 comment:

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Very cute outfit!