20 July 2010

The Socks of Happiness


Pattern:  Kabuki from Knitted Socks East and West by Judy Sumner
Yarn:  Boot Sock Handpaints by Stoddart Family Farm
Modifications:  One half extra pattern repeat for more length.  In retrospect, I wish I had done an extra row or two of the pattern.  Stopping where I did left an open work piece just at the top of the gusset  shaping "vee".  I think this makes for a weak spot there.  Next time


I'm in love with this yarn.  The colour fills me with joy and the feel of it is rich and delicious.  I need to get more.  This stuff is too beautiful to hide under boots.  This vendor sells at Wychwood Barns Farmer's Market once a month or so. I subscribe to their e-newsletter so next time I hear they're heading to Toronto, I'm going to buy more of their wonderful yarn.  I want to make a beret from this. 

1 comment:

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Those socks are great!!
The color too... yum!