11 July 2010

The Answer is VERY, VERY!

The question is "How much do I love the way this yarn knits up?" At the seeming speed of light, this Stoddart Family Farm yarn is becoming Kabuki from Knitted Socks East and West.  Sock #1, slightly pictured as modeled by my foot on the left, took only a day and a half! Can you see the halo that's already forming over the stitches?  You would think that the mohair content would make the yarn scratchy and stiff. wouldn't you?  Well, that's not the case.  It's quite spongy actually.  Now, this is their Boot Sock, so it's thicker than your average sock yarn. It's described as DK but I think it may be slightly heavier.  These will be very warm socks indeed.
I had fun entering this project on Ravelry. Imagine my surprise when I discovered Stoddart yarn is not on the database. So naturally, I added it. It took a minute to figure out how, but after reading the Help file, it was easy. Now, when you click on the yarn's link, you see my photos! How cool is that? Very, Very.

No comments: