20 September 2009

Artistic Patronage

I rode along Queen Street today to the Queen West Art Crawl. What a splendiferous, sunny day for a bike ride and an art show. Trinity Bellwoods park was alive with colour.

I actually bought a piece. My favourite tent was that of a lovely young woman named Amanda White. She does remarkably complex and fanciful ink drawings. She somehow manages to capture wildness and tenderness at the same time. The image at left is from her business card.
Alas, being an underemployed arts worker myself, I couldn't afford any of the large pieces with which I fell in love. The great irony of The State of The Arts in Canada. I purchased instead, a tiny perfect sketch that is now hanging beside my favourite window where I sit every morning.

2 comments:

Miss Scarlett said...

That's an awesome business card.
Are you going to show us the print? or maybe you can't...either way, glad you treated yourself.

amanda said...

Thanks! what nice comments- you made my day!