19 January 2009

I'm Definitely Home


See this? It's the harbour in Victoria BC. Note the blue sky? The sun? The general calmness? Don't you wish you were there? Well, I've just returned from 5 glorious days there. Days filled with long drives, good wine, museums and a bit of romance.
Last night I returned home to frigid Toronto to discover an apartment with no heat, burst rad pipes and black water all over the carpets. It was a balmy 53 degrees in my bedroom last night. That's with a space heater running!
It's not all gloom and doom. Our possessions are all fine and I've a wonderful landlord who is on the case. There are huge holes in my drywall but now the heat is partially restored. Still...Damn. Damn.

3 comments:

Not An Artist said...

Oh no! Not a nice way to come back from a lovely trip. And it does sound like it was a nice trip, too :) Let me know if you need a warm place to crash or even take a hot shower, we aren't that far away and Adam is here a lot of the time, even if I'm not.

Sherrill said...

You were on my end of the coast...it was a beautiful last few days.

Glad you had a great time and hang tight, just life's little way of keeping us on the edge of our seats with a burst pipe.

:)

Anonymous said...

E-gads! I hope you have insurance and that nothing else was really damaged... I know I'd be royally screwed if that ever happened to me! Everything here touches the floor!
~I.S.