08 January 2008

Christmas Keeps on Giving



With no great thanks to Canada Post (not impressed!), I received this amazing package today. Thank you, thank you to my Christmas Around The World swap partner, Jana! I had to go to the post office to pick it up, so I decided to make it a true excursion and brought the parcel to a Madeleines Cherry Pie and Ice Cream to open. Imagine my delight as I slowly opened piece after piece while sipping cafe latte. I'm in love with both the stationary and the cosmetic bag. The spiced tea smells gorgeous.
What makes the gift extra special is the fact that the stitch markers and the yarn come from her own White Oak Studio. This merino feels so luxurious that I can't wait to work it.
Lucky, lucky me to have such a great partner! This was a fun swap. Thanks to KnittyMuggins, my organizer.

2 comments:

Miss Scarlett said...

What is with the mail these days??

Well - it is nice to get a package a little after X-Mas - extends the season somewhat. :-)

Enjoy your lovely gifts.

elisabetha said...

and a merry belated christmas to you ;) one thing i do not miss at all is Canada Post. i'm sure going to miss the Japanese post office efficiency when i go home!