29 November 2007
26 November 2007
I've picked up the last bobble for my Christmas Around the World swap. I just need to pack it all and send it. What fun. I love parcels.
I'm sick of rain. Gray, gray skies and rain, rain, rain. Blah.
I'm knitting mittens for the first time. Photos hopefully will follow.
21 November 2007
- Being surprised on Mother's Day by my wonderful daughter with a knitterly brunch.
- The equally yummy brunch and madcap silliness of the Mad Hatter's Tea Party.
- The dozens of foamy lattes I've consumed there, each one as delicious as the last.
- The pretty dishes.
- Writing letters to a beloved one winter afternoon, corner table, crying away and not caring because I felt so at home.
- The objects finished among friends.
- Holding 5 week old Vivianna for an hour while Mom Alessandra knitted and chatted.
- The roominess of the space and the gorgeous natural light.
- The chance to meet other knitter mom's and exchange stories, worries, laughter.
Terri, thank you, thank you for the wonderful year. How sorry we all are to lose our home away from home. Circumstances were beyond your control and you fought for your dream as long as you could. We're so proud of you.
20 November 2007
14 November 2007
11 November 2007
06 November 2007
04 November 2007
I bought no yarn as I still have some natural llama, like the skeins below, left from last year. I did fall in love with some black alpaca yarn, but it was for display only. Sniff.
However, what's the Royal without some shopping? Just look at all the beautiful food products available from Ontario. There's wine from Muskoka, wild rice from Keewatin and jam from Parry Sound. In the fridge is a lovely goat cheese and a piece of Georgian Bay smoked fish. I feel a bit like the guy in the commercial;
"Good things grow-ow-ow...in Ontario."
02 November 2007
Which mythological creature is most like you? (with pics!)
created with QuizFarm.com
|You scored as Unicorn |
You are one of the most beautiful things alive. you bring joy, yet you are strong and underestimated.