07 August 2007

Finally! Knitting Related

The mitred squares scarf is coming along. It's made entirely of leftover sock yarn. I learned the technique from Shelly, The Heathen Housewife. Can you believe she made an entire blanket this way? I have strayed from her tutorial in one regard. She instructs picking up the entire chain stitch along the side of the previous square when adding a new one. I decided I didn't like the thick feeling edge that left so I'm only picking up the back loop of the chain. That leaves those little raised edges throughout the right side but I rather like the architectural effect. I have a skein of navy blue in reserve for the i-cord edging. I intend this as a gift to a young person.


Many thanks to Ayumi, my No Sheep exchange angel. This lovely parcel arrived today. In it are four skeins of summery cotton and two skeins of pretty Zhivago, a Tencel blend. Also included are some yummy chocolates, fruit teas and (Yay!!) another Chibi! I love Chibis. It's such a fun word to say - Chibi, Chibi, Chibi! Thank you again super Angel.

4 comments:

alt.ayu said...

I'm glad you liked it! :)

Dame Wendy said...

The scarf is looking lovely!

Scheherazaad said...

That young person is very lucky. It's a beautiful scarf.

Miss Scarlett said...

I need to read more closely -- I still thought it was a blanket even though you clearly state it is a scarf.
Argh - summer brain.

It does look great - and you have quite a diverse selection of sock yarn - that's great. Mine tend to look a lot alike I think.

I am glad to hear that Malcolm is feeling a little better and I hope he continues to improve.

Good luck with the pipe replacing - sounds like an ucky job.