11 June 2007

Do You Ever...

Do you ever feel that something is just right there but you can't quite get it? You don't even know what it might be if you could?
Something keeps moving out of frame. Someone is standing at my right shoulder but I can't turn my head fast enough to see him. There's a perfect composition or conversation just waiting to be experienced. I could perhaps find real beauty and capture it, or create something beautiful or be that thing of beauty myself. It's just outside the edge of my reach.
Tomorrow, the Daughter and I are off to New York City for 4 days. There will be yarn and museums and Central Park. Thursday we'll have dinner in Brooklyn with one of my dearest, oldest friends and his family. Maybe it's as simple as getting one really good photograph.

3 comments:

Not An Artist said...

All the time. Its my reason for going on.

Have a great time in NYC, I'll be in touch about a good date for a Stitch 'n Bitch soon!

mjm knitting said...

Sounds Awesome! Have fun in NYC!

Miss Scarlett said...

Have a fantastic trip!