01 May 2007

Happy May Day

Hey, it's a rather gray first day of May...

I woke up Saturday morning with the feeling of not wanting to go to the Knitter's Frolic. So I didn't go. I worried that I'd regret it later, but it still feels ok.

The bamboo lace nightgown is giving me tons of grief. I worry that I may have to frog the entire thing. Soo...

Ignoring the problem, I've cast on a new pair of socks; Hedera from Knitty. The lace is great fun to knit. Very satisfying. Although...

Yesterday it was nice out so I wore my poncho. As I sat on the bus knitting my socks which I carried in my handknit bag, I felt a bit like the creature from the Island of Too Many Handknits (Not my term, Denny's). There really is such a thing as too much.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

You could just tattoo "Knitter!" on your forehead! I agree - I prefer to wear one nice handknit thing and let it speak for itself.

On the other hand, that's kind of like sending out a signal beacon to other knitters.

Sherrill said...

I'm soooo glad you are a true sock knitter now...

:)

kokopuff said...

I went to the Frolic for the last hour and it was nice but not enough time, so not as fun as last year! I still may have purchased a thing or two; absolutely coveted some yarn from Red Bird Knits, but didn't have time to go back and ponder.

I love the socks pattern you are doing; can't wait to see them done!

PS. There's no such thing as "too much" -- go big or go home, I say!

Miss Scarlett said...

Oh - I don't know. I don't think that is too much knitting - was it clashy? or too matchy?
Either way I am sure people knew they had a talented crafster in their midst!
Hedera is so pretty - can't wait to see it worked up.