Kelly and I braved the Knitomatic basement clearance this morning. Not wanting to line up, we purposely arrived late after a leisurely brunch. We still had to line up. The wee store was packed to capacity and people were leaving with two and three bags stuffed full. Theoretically, the sale continues tomorrow, but there's really not much left.
At the aforementioned dollar, I got:
- 5 skeins King Skipper 100% cotton in a bright emerald shade.
- 8 beautiful Kikki cotton/linen/viscose (a favourite), Colour 110, a blue/peach.
- 4 deep plum Scheepjes cotton blend.
- 1 Estelle Mirage poly ribbon tape for crafts. Shiny pink/orange/gold.
- 2 King Korallo, a weird sparkly multi-coloured woven yarn for The Daughter. "Bring me something pretty." she said. Pretty enough?
Not for a dollar but greatly reduced:
- 1 Lambs Pride superwash in misty blue.
- 1 Lana Grossa sock yarn the colour of autumn maple leaves
- 1 Scheepjes Invicta Colours sock yarn in 1713, a lime/orange/cream variegated.
Cool huh? Also, here is the latest FO - my Broadripple socks done in Paton's Kroy, the yarn given to me by my first Secret Pal, Sherril. (Thanks again !). This is the first pair of socks that I've made for myself that I really love. They fit and the Winter Eclipse colours just make my feet happy.