I find myself attracted most to blends - cotton, linen, wool, silk, even a bit of acrylic is fine. I don't like eyelash/novelty yarns. They hurt my fingers!
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
They live happily in a desk drawer. The circs are a bit out of hand in there.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting since childhood. My mother taught me. In the past several years I've learned from books, the internet and other knitters. I believe I may be moving from intermediate to early advanced? I've learned so many new skills this past year and my understanding of the mechanics of stitches and construction has increased tenfold. I still can't manage fair isle, but I don't like it so I'm not concerned.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
On my third Secret Pal and I still don't know what that is!
5. What's your favorite scent?
Sandalwood...mmm... It's getting harder to find so second choices are citrus, lavender and rosemary. I don't like dessert scents such as sweet berries and vanilla.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Duh! My real weakness is salty though especially nuts and chips. I've temporarily sworn off chips while I try to rid myself of these extra pounds.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Don't spin or crochet. I dabble in beads, I write daily in notebooks and I love making clothes for the paper dolls I received as a Christmas gift. Got any fabric scraps or wallpaper samples?
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I have wildly various taste. I don't like rap, hip/hop and hard core country. Everything else has been known to be enjoyed in my house.
9. What's your favorite colour(s)? Any colours you just can't stand?
Still stuck on the blue/purple/red/green. I'm trying to branch out. I recently bought some peach cotton. However, orange and yellow will always give me the heebie jeebies as fashion colours. This is probably because I am half Italian so my skin is not olive, but yellowish. Especially in winter.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
A husband of 18 years! A thirteen year old daughter!! Three cats.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes,to all. You can never have enough hats.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Depends on my mood. For quick knit fixes I enjoy doll clothes, scarves and wrist warmers. When I feel like a long haul, an interesting top or lace project does the trick. For the subway it's socks - nice and portable.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Wrist warmers, socks, a wrap and a child's sweater for charity.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Whichever needles suit the project are fine. I never took to knitting straight projects on circs like so many of my friends have. I find it awkward, possibly because I learned on straights. NO DPN'S! I'm so hopeless with them. The Magic Loop has changed my life.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
My wrap is about five months in the basket.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Summer long weekends.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Vintage knitting patterns from the 50's thru the 70's.
Brushed aluminum teapots, coffee percolators and canisters.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
No current subscriptions. The new Lace Style from Interweave looks nice and I quite like Rebecca.I like Needful Yarns and I need some 5.5mm needles of some description.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I seriously need to learn several more ways of casting on. Also, basic crochet skills would come in handy.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes. Size 8 shoe.
23. When is your birthday?