04 January 2007

Good News, Bad News and Last FO of 2006

Here is the "fashion doll" dress I knit for The Daughter for Christmas. Just because it's small, doesn't mean it was easy. I had to rip back the waist several times to get the fit right. Then those teeny tiny cables on 2mm needles nearly did me in.
Kickin result though! Barbie looks cool and comfortable in her stylish day dress. Her boots kick ass.



Ok, the bad news first. I went to the dentist today and the news was bad indeed. (Don't click if you are squeamish.) It seems to me that the cure may be worse than the problem. My actual teeth are quite good so it's a shame that I'll probably lose most of them. I blame all those years of poverty and no dental plan. Qu'elle drag.


The good news is that Francois and Alice, who's relationship to date can be described as "cool", slept on the same surface for the first time yesterday. Notice that they are almost touching. I don't know who joined who as I walked into the middle of the nap. Luckily, the camera was nearby.
Aaaaahhhhh.....

6 comments:

Miss Scarlett said...

Hot Barbie dress! Nice work Yvette. Wow. The dedication to rip back and get the waist back - and the teensy cables. Very impressive.
Sorry about your bad dental news (didn't click on the pic 'cause I am heading to bed). Dreadful. I have some major work I have been putting off for similar reasons so...I feel your pain. Literally.
OH! Look at those two. Sleeping together. That is a major development. Quick work getting the pic. That is really heartwarming to see Alice living such a good life now.

Miss Scarlett said...

That would be "get the waist" right! Not back.

Dorothy said...

Very cute Barbie dress. I am impressed with your patience. You did a really good job with it.

Too bad about your teeth. Mine are in nearly the same condition. Again with the too poor to fix them. I wish Canada had a plan like Britain does.

Cute kitty pic.

Anonymous said...

That is SO cute! I own the same pair of boots for my girls. Great work. :-D

yvette said...

Your Barbie dress is so cute, I bought a Barbie for my niece but haven't got around to making clothes for her yet, soon....

Anonymous said...

That's is the best! I can't wait for my friends to have little girls. You know, that is exactly the kind of project I need. A little pint sized thingie to get me back into knitting...