03 December 2006

Loverly Hat, Dahling

I finished this cutey last week. It was a total pain to knit but now that it's done, I'd say it was worth it. The yarn is two skeins of Tahki/Stacy Charles Positano, with which I will never knit again. This yarn has been discontinued and one can see why. It is a cotton/linen/nylon blend that actually has crunch. The cotton/linen centre literally breaks when any stress is put on it (stress such as the dreaded p3 tog!) leaving only the thin nylon part in tact. After completion of the pieces, I had to go over them with my small scissors, trimming off all the sticky-outie broken bits.

I'm currently working on Tzarina from Wrap Style. I'm using all the dark colours from my Obligation Sweater and it's looking great. A fast, fun knit.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Looks smashing!

Sandi Purl said...

great hat! beautiful pic!

Sherrill said...

Adorable!

kokopuff said...

The hat looks lovely. Nice portrait!