Last evening, the daughter and I joined Kelly, Michelle and Meredith for a little SnB at alterknit, (1024 St Clair Ave. W.) Toronto's newest yarn cafe. Coincidentally, a schoolmate of the Daughter's was there as well, so everyone had someone with whom to chat.
I had a thick, foamy, latte while knitting slippers. The kid ate spanikopita and made pom poms. Kelly, not having spent enough money last weekend at Rhinebeck, bought more yarn. (It's for a gifting so it doesn't really count.) A nice evening.
Reasons We Like it There:
- It's spacious.
- Pattern book browsing while sitting at a table.
- The gorgeous yarn and accessories wall.
- The coffee and tea comes in cool cups. Never underestimate the importance of crockery!
- The women who own it are super friendly.
- It's in my hood. I can walk there! This neighbourhood is definitely improving.
Presenting the evening's accomplishment. Lovely retro slippers, from the same pattern I wore as a kid. Yes, that's 100% acrylic you see. Hey, at least it's not Phentex. Ah, memories...