Yes, I had such fun with it last time that I've signed up again. It gives one a legitimate excuse for shopping! And I do so love getting mail.
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
The *not* like portion of the question is easy. I can't stand novelty eyelash type yarns. The favourite part is harder. I like so many yarns. Any blend with cotton, silk or linen is nice. Soft wools, well really, anything soft.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have two sizes of hard needle cases. Large numbers of my needles are in their store sleeves loose in a section of my desk drawer. This works well for me.
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
Since childhood but seriously - obsessively - for about 4 years. I consider myself intermediate. Ie: I am comfortable with garments, finishing and lace.
Can't get the hang of intarsia.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Sandalwood, followed by lavendar, rosemary and citrus.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I like chocolate but am really a salty/crunchy snack addict. I don't eat cookies or crackers as my diet is wheat free.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I've just begun a bit of beading. Also, I journal almost everyday.
I neither crochet nor spin.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I have wide tastes.
Like: classic rock, eighties pop, folk, show tunes, current alternative, blues
Don't like: rap, hip hop, easy listening, hard core country
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I adore the red, purple, blue, green families. I cannot abide yellow.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
One husband, one twelve year old daughter, two silly cats.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Tops, scarves, wraps, toys and sweaters. Readers of my blog know that I am weirdly in love with doll clothes.
13. What are you knitting right now?
An everlasting cotton sweater, a lace shawl and a spring top that is o so close to being done.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I'll use what is called for in the pattern (except dpn's. I'm still retarded with those things. I prefer aluminum and bamboo. I don't often knit with plastic but I always buy the vintage coloured ones at rummage sales 'cause they're so durned purdy.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No. I actually enjoy winding balls by hand. Very meditative.
17. How did you learn to knit?
My mother taught me the basics when I was a child. The rest I've learned from books and the internet.
18. How old is your oldest UFO?
About six months - the aforementioned everlasting sweater. It's my "knitting between projects" project.
19. What is your favorite holiday?
Long summer weekends.
20. Is there anything that you collect?
Old knitting pattern books and magazines (50's, 60's and 70's).
Aluminum teapots and percolators
Vintage costume jewellry.
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Books: One Skein and Wrap Style. Any single magazine issue
Yarn: I like Needful Yarns. I've been wanting to try alpaca or bamboo and Dale Svale.
I am not currently subscribing to anything though I used to take Creative Knitting.
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I need to learn a few more casting on methods.
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
No. Size 8 shoe.
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
06/06 Gemini all the way baby!