08 March 2006

SP Goodies

Yet another package has arrived from my most excellent Secret Pal. This one includes FIVE whole skeins of a gorgeous red wool blend. I could just eat it. I look amazing in red BTW. There is also a back issue of Interweave knits, some chocolate, 2 cute stitch markers, and a needle gauge. I'm delighted with the needle inventory index card and I particulary like the photo on the greeting card. Oh, there were potato chips as well...I wonder where they went?...
The reason the box took so long to arrive (Don't get upset SP. This is not your fault.) is due to our ever efficient Customs and Revenue Department. It was held up at customs for tax and duty even though the green sticker is CLEARLY marked gift. I had to go pick it up at the Post Office and pay ransom to get it. Now, here's the hilarious part. It states on the duty form: "See reverse for instructions on how to obtain tax refund." Well, there is no reverse because the form Is A LARGE STICKER stuck directly to my package!! Who are these people? Now there is an 800 number to call as well, which I will do as soon as I have a free afternoon to sit on hold. Rest assured I will be getting that refund because I'll be darned if those inefficient, overpaid, bleepity bleeps get my money.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Nice!

Sherrill said...

Yikers! It wasn't that big of a package. Silly postal people. Your last package will go in the next week, with fingers crossed, I hope they don't hold it up as well.

Not An Artist said...

Sweet. Too bad about customs though, the bastards! Keeping our us from our fancy imported yarns....

kokopuff said...

Don't worry, the bleepity bleeps always give the money back - it's like paying you for the time you will spend on the phone...My hubby always runs into this with stuff he orders.

Perhaps it is a government make work project, much like the sponsorship program?

kokopuff said...

Hi Yvette - it was nice to meet you last night and put a face to a blog...