01 February 2006

Some Scans


I spent over an hour this evening beginning to knit the front of the brown cotton sweater. I had just finished the bottom band and was about to start the pattern stitch when I realized that I had cast on 10 too few stitches. This after I had already restarted once before because I couldn't remember which method of cast on I had used for the back.

Obviously, it wasn't meant to be tonight so, now for something fun. Seeing
Kelly's post today of her retro slippers gave me the urge to flip through my pattern collection. (I have those same slippers in Beehive BTW.) Here are some of the highlights.

Punish your daughter when she misbehaves by making her wear this beauty to school. Nothing reforms a wayward child like being callet "toilet seat cover head" by her friends.




Then, show the man in your life how much you love him by knitting him this fashionable dickie. So what if Christmas just passed? Surely he has a birthday coming up?








After your partner leaves you because of the dickie incident, put on you flattering tailored hat (bright blue, I think) and go on a date with this handsome fellow. Don't cuddle too close though or that nylon cardigan yarn will leave marks.








(I am secretly desperate to knit this hat. However, I don't think I'd have the nerve to wear it in public. Ssshhh...)







3 comments:

Sherrill said...

The hat is kind of adorable. :) Love the pics and captures...gave me a good giggle, especially after writing checks to pay the bills.

Hope all is well on your end.

Kelly said...

Those old patterns are a hoot! The loopy hat? That's insane! But I agree, the tailored hat is kinda funky.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh! how do you do those loops? I've been dying to make a bathrobe like that for ages and.. wow :D

kerpocky@gmail.com