12 February 2006

Go Team Go!

The Knitting Olympics opening ceremonies went off amazingly well. What a cool bunch of people. Topics of discussion besides knitting included whether or not the Canadian Olympians hats are ugly or fabulous (I'm in the fab camp), computer tech support and gender roles in relationships. Above, we are all glued to the giant screen.
I have no idea who these women are but it's such a nice photo of them! Perhaps somebody can identify them?

Dave The Beer Man - waiter extraordinaire. He claims we were more rowdy than most sports teams. Way to go Team Canada!

My Knitty scarf is coming along beautifully. At first I was worried that a scarf is not a sufficiently challenging project, but after working on it most of the day yesterday(very few customers at work), I can see that I have my work cut out for me. There are 440 rows in the pattern and I've done about 80. Fourteen days to go.

4 comments:

Not An Artist said...

I love that pic of Beerman Dave! He was a riot. I'm dying for pics of your Olympic knitting! Share!

Yvette said...

qTook about a dozen shots of the knitting and not one turned out. All were over or under exposed. I'll try again soon.

Koshka42 said...

The two lovely ladies are (l to r) Heather (koshka42) and Sarah (sarah fay) - we just met Friday, but it turns out we've worked for the same company at the same time, who knew???

Sherrill said...

Love that pic of Dave the Beerman.

Yvette, I'm working on package three...are you ready to give socks a try? I promise an easy pattern that will get you hooked.

Go Team Go!